is an automated chatbot, whose main task was to make sure that you and everyone living in or visiting Estonia got their questions answered from official sources. During the emergency situation that existed in Estonia in Spring 2020, Suve was integrated into several public websites and helped provide accurate and trustworthy information in English, Estonian and Russian. As the emergency situation ended, Suve continues its work with limited functionality.
during the emergency situation
Helped to keep
its work after
the COVID-19 crisis
in a slightly altered way
The story of Suve:
- Chatbot Suve was one of the ideas that started at the Hack the Crisis hackathon organised by Garage48 and Accelerate Estonia.
- During the emergency situation, she worked on the webpages of Emergency Situation, Health Board, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Culture, Consumer Protection and Techincal Regulatory Authority, Enterprise Estonia, Work in Estonia, International House of Estonia, Invest in Estonia, TV3, North Estonia Medical Centre, Corona Map and Teeviit.
- Estonia is one of the most digital and enterperneural countries in the world and that is why we decided to hack this crisis. The quick adaptions of smart IT-solutions to solve the crisis drew the attention of international media and are a hot topic in social media worldwide.
- The goal of the eeBot team - the virtual parents of Suve - was to find quick and impactful IT-solutions to minimize the effects of the crisis. The team's competences lie in IT, marketing, providing relocation and integration help to foreigners, promoting foreign direct investments, dealing with environmental issues, etc.
- In addition to volunteers, Suve has had some organizational help as well. Thank you, Garage48, Wize AI, Boost.ai, Work in Estonia, Invest in Estonia and Government Office.
In emergency situation, Suve helped you find answers to questions related to COVID-19 and the situation in the country (including issues related to travelling, health and documents). The chatbot improved and evolved automatically.
COVID-19 in Estonia
To help contain the spreading of the virus, it is important to follow the orders of the government and other official institutions. Responsible behavior will protect ourselves, our close ones and people with weakened immune systems, such as the elderly and the chronically ill.
Suve’s virtual parents or the eeBot team: Michaela Snopková, Elar Tammeraja, Anneli Nienhaus, Annely Tank, Kadi Kenk, Kristiina Kerge, Kata Varblane, Triin Visnapuu-Sepp, Marten Kaevats, Ott Velsberg, Tex Vertmann, Ardo Leemets, Kille-Ingeri Liivoja, Annika Lentso, Mikk Tamme, Tõnis Vapper, Kerli Saar, Kersti Hausenberg, Andero Kaha. Helping at the various home offices: wives, husbands, partners, 18 children, 5 cats, 3 giant snails, 2 dogs, 5 education robots, 1 investment advising robot, and a spider (in the bathroom).
During the emergency situation in Estonia, Suve focused on questions related to the crisis situation. To guarantee trustworthy and accurate information, we co-operated with the Estonian Government Communication Unit.